Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Desprez: Tu pauperum refugium (New York Polyphony and Lizzie Ball)

More from this wonderful concert:


The words, via CPDL with translation by The St. Ann Choir:

Tu pauperum refugium, tu languorum remedium,
spes exsulum, fortitudo laborantium,
via errantium, veritas et vita.
Et nunc Redemptor, Domine, ad te solum confugio;
te verum Deum adoro, in te spero, in te confido,
salus mea, Jesu Christe.
Adjuva me, ne unquam obdormiat in morte anima mea.


Thou art the refuge of the poor,
remedy for afflictions, hope of exiles,
strength of those who labor, way for the wandering,
truth and life.
And now, Redeemer, Lord, in thee alone I take refuge;
thee, true God, I adore, in thee I hope,
in thee I confide, my salvation, O Jesus Christ.
Help me, lest my soul ever sleep in death.

The text's author is unknown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...